Monday, June 16, 2014

OOTD: Birthday

Kimonos- my favourite article of clothing at the moment. They're so beautiful and most have such detailed designs. Plus, some even have fringe! Not only are they ascetically appealing, but they are practical. They are made of lightweight material making them perfect for the summer months.Who wouldn't want one... or five? (oops) It's no surprise I'd want to include one in my birthday outfit. Birthdays are days to dress how you want in order to feel your best and show the world how fabulous you are. You are the center of attention of the people you care about, so why not try to make the rest of the world notice, too? As conceited as it may sound, a birthday is the day for celebrating your existence! Wear what you want and rock it!! Feel your best and feel absolutely fabulous!! :)

Putting together a particularly nice outfit for my birthday is somewhat of a tradition for me. I've been doing this ever since I could remember, so as expected, I planned a special birthday outfit for myself once again! This outfit did give me that boost in confidence for the day and in all honesty, I did feel fabulous. I love wearing outfits that do that!

Kimono- T.J. Maxx ($19.99)
Dress- Delia's (No longer available- $15.00)
Necklace- Target 
(linked is a similar necklace)
Bracelets- From a friend and the
bottomless pit that is my drawer
Watch- Target
Rings- PacSun
Nail Polish- Essie
Since the kimono is so colourful, I went with a simple black skater dress and my favourite black cut out boots. By wearing one other colour, that is considered neutral, would ensure that the pieces wouldn't compete with one and other, but rather compliment. The black and gold necklace and gold based bracelets add a tasteful bit of bling to the ensemble, as well. 

If anyone is curious, here are several of the goodies I received for my birthday. Good news- there shall be plenty of reviews and OOTDs to come! My last post features my favourite birthday gift. Check it out!!
Fun Fact- I'm a fan of Doctor Who. :P
Do any of you purposely put together a special outfit for your birthday?

~Moll

32 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! This outfit is gorgeous. I wasn't at all convinced by the kimono trend but the more posts I'm looking at the more i'm being swayed, aaaah
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad my post is helping you to join the kimono side haha They are quite pretty! :)

      Delete
  3. Completely with you on the love for kimonos! This one is perfect! Hope you had a fab birthday :D

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I did have a very nice and relaxing day! :)

      Delete
  4. Great outfit, hope you had a lovely birthday :) Its mine tomorrow and I've even planned pyjamas - my parents have a birthday tradition/nasty habit of photographing me from the moment I wake up! xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did! Happy birthday to you! Oh jeez, how do you manage? If that happened to me, I wouldn't be a happy camper. :P

      Delete
  5. aw I just love a good kimono :)

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday girl!
    and wow that kimono is wicked, and i love how you styled it!


    x

    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post!!!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Kimono, looks great paired with the necklace! x

    www.stylerehearsal.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit

    Please visit: http://trendybutterfly.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that Kimono. I'm really digging them atm and this one looks great on you. Overall a classy & stylish outfit :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of kimonos too, this one is so pretty! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! (quedateenminube)
    Happy Birthday!
    Lovely look! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bit late but Happy Birthday! :) I love that black necklace, I NEED!
    It's my birthday coming up in the middle of August and I completely agree with you when it comes to picking out a special birthday outfit! I was actually already thinking about going shopping to buy me one as well ;)

    Natalie xo

    Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And hey, it never hurts to be prepared! :P

      Delete
  14. Ooo I have actually bought a kimono 2 days ago in T.J Maxx. I must say I love it. But I have to admit, yours is prettier!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They've had so many nice kimonos over the past few months, so I'm sure whichever one you ended up with is beautiful!

      Delete