Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'm getting a sleeve...

I have a confession: I've gone a bit crazy with henna lately. This interest was sparked by an upcoming event in a neighboring town. Each year they host a festival celebrating what once was and the present. Basically it's promoting the good ol' community mentality and values. This event includes rides, games, live music, improv shows, food that is so unbelievably mouthwatering, and a road lined with a variety of booths. All of the booths raise money for either a local business or charity. One of the booths will be raising money for veterans in the area. Their niche to get people to donate will be an opportunity to get a henna tattoo done, delicious baked goods, and competitively priced water bottles. 

Obviously they need people that are semi artistically inclined to tattoo people. The head of that group contacted me asking if I could be one of the tattoo artists. Of course I wanted to help them out, so I immediately responded that I would. I probably should've asked questions regarding types of tattoos that would be done, intricacy, and authenticity to Indian designs before giving my answer since I'm inexperienced with hennaing, but I didn't because when I become excited about something I lose all higher thought processes! Yayy haha But it's all right because I found out a couple days ago that the designs we'll be offering won't be anything too demanding. *sigh of relief*

Regardless, I felt the need to practice my henna skills before being posted up in the booth, so I stopped by an Indian store to pick up the paste. With that I've been designing away and have probably been a bit too eager with it all. Gosh, give it a few more days and I'll probably have a sleeve of henna tattoos!

Here are some of my designs!

The inspiration for this tiny bike was a 10 mile ride that I had taken over the weekend... I'm ridiculous >.<

Have a lovely day and stay fabulous!! 

~Moll

12 comments:

  1. I was just talking about Henna (henna hair-dye, more specifically) with my friend yesterday and it's interesting to see a post about Henna today like this! I'm totally in love with your bike design as well as the second design.

    I'm not really that familiar about Henna, believe it or not, so I don't know much about it so I'm looking forward to seeing another post regarding your booth in the future! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good designs! I was first expecting the arabesques we usually see and then bam! The bicycle! I love the last one on the ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! Follow each other on GFC, Google+ and Bloglovin? If yes, follow me and i follow back as soon as i see it. Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    Keep in Touch xx Rabea from germany
    http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love the little bicycle, so cute!

    Natalie x

    Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute designs xx

    http://claudiamedas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the last one and the bike is cute! I love henna too and the smell of it but I'm not that artistic and end up smudging it all the time anyway haha! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, this is awsome, I was thinking of getting that henna for tattos, I'm glad it work fine I'm getting it as soon as I find the place!
    Btw, i'm sure my blog will amke you fell in love, don't stop visiting me ^^
    http://www.simplymeanttobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bicycle is so cute! Well done x

    http://christin3s.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw these look so fab! You've encouraged me to order some more henna ink xx

    www.its-maxi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great!! I've never thought of putting henna tats on myself. Just followed your blog dear!

    ♥ Erika from STYLE AND SUNDRY (http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We'd love to have a play round with henna, it always looks so pretty!
    xoxo Nikki @ ourpreciouswonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I like it!!! nice blog!!
    Thank you so much for your comment!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete