Monday, November 10, 2014

Haul: Winter Athletic Wear//Motivational Monday

 As previously mentioned, I'm on a bit of a health kick. This year I plan to take skiing more seriously. In order to do so, I've been toning up. I also want to lead a healthier lifestyle. To be more dedicated to working out comes the need for proper garments. As the cooler days have become more frequent, I realized I was specifically in need of warmer athletic wear. Since last year around this time wasn't a big movement montage, I only had a few older pieces. In preparation of winter and the many ski trips I shall be taking, I needed to refresh my athletic wardrobe. Now I have a lot of quality items that should last a while and add a nice layer of warmth.

1. Under Armour ColdGear Fitted Crew//2. Printed my design at CustomInk//3. Nike Dri-Fit T-Shirt //4. Under Armour ColdGear Zip Top
Under Armour ColdGear Leggings//Nike Dri-Fit Leggings//Nike Pro Hyperwarm Tights
It's all well and good to talk about the fashion side of athletics, but that's a pretty minor part of it. The two main factors are mind and body. Our bodies are capable of a lot more than we think. Thanks to our minds, we tend to hold ourselves back. Honestly, exercising can definitely be one of those things that is difficult to muster motivation for when you're not in a routine, but to get going, you have to think of the end result. After any form of exercise, be it long or short, intense or gentle, it is always worth it. Though you may be short of breath after, the chemicals in our body make sure we feel great. If being out of breath, sore, or anything of that nature holds you back, push those thoughts aside. Think about that energizing feeling flowing through your body and sense of satisfaction after. Also, remember the larger goal as to why you want to exercise. Do you want firmer arms? A tighter core? Toned thighs? Or do you simply want to be healthier? Keeping your goals in mind will help you to succeed. 

Need more motivation? Read some of my favourite exercise related quotes below!


Since you may feel slightly motivated at this point, try some of the following workouts. The ones with *asterisks are what I do at least five days a week.

Gentle Exercises:
Yoga
*Hula Hooping (10+ minutes)
Walking (10+ minutes)
Jogging in place (10+ minutes)

A routine I made:
Lunges {to the front & back} (x13)
Lunges Diagonally {to the front & back} (x13)
Lunges to the side {each side} (x13)
Stretch (30 seconds)
*Squat Jumps (30 seconds)
*High Knee Step Over (1 minute)
*Box Jumps {to the front} (x13)
*Box Jumps {side to side} (x13)
Stretch (30 seconds)
*Wall Sit (1+ minute(s))
Plank (30 seconds)
*Crunches (x30)
*Tricep Dips (x13)
Stretch (1 minute)
*Slalom Sprints (10 minutes)
Stretch (5 minutes)

For the routine above, adjust whatever you want. Add time, take away time. Add reps, take away reps. Repeat parts, take away parts. Make it work for you, so you'll actually do it!

One of my favourite workout videos:


Hopefully you're feeling motivated to be active now! I've presented you with quality clothes to wear, a bit of motivation, and at-home exercises. The ball is in your court now!

~Moll
*Let me know if you enjoyed this fitness based post and would like more!*

29 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the do you even lift shirt and thanks for the motivation. I'm not much of a fitness person but I do enjoy yoga. As for the for the tiny comment on the end write about what makes you happy and what you want to share with other people :)

    http://styleauthor107.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your dedication. Get the endorphins flowing. I used to play sport but I guess I started growing out of it. Skiing is so much fun though! Good luck with your workout :)

    NIKIMINT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I am a fan of Lululemon myself for workout clothes. I do love that North Face beanie!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks
    would you like to follow each other ?
    I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'm a new reader and your blog is cool.

    I was wondering if you wanted to follow eachother on GFC? Let me know!

    Amy;
    My blog, The Blog Hermit
    Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for jumpers like these for while now I love them and think they look super cute on people still haven't come across any yet in the shops though. xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start working out again, loven all the athletic gear xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    xoxo

    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fitness blender fro at home workout videos! The under armour leggings look like they'd be perfect for my Sunday morning run! Great post!
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make such great videos! The leggings are so nice for runs. Love them!

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love the 'do you even lift' shirt! So cute and fun! I also love the Nike's! Great motivational post :)

    Becky, x
    http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful fitness outfits! You've motivated me already! :D
    This is a wonderful post, thank you <3
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post, thanks for sharing! <3

    I'm your newest follower, please check out my blog if you can;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely need new workout clothes!! Love motivational posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely post. Follow ecah other in GFC, Bloglovin and twitter?

    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just followed you on GFC. What about Bloglovin and Twitter? Plz follow me and I will follow you back for sure :)

      Delete
  15. So beautiful choices!!! Good luck for your activity....Have a nice day, kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your review is nice I was also looking for these kind of review. Nice detail share by you thanks you for this amazing article. I am also looking to make my blog http://guruofmovie.com better So that some one can also share detail of my blog on any other page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. I love the one about pain being weakness leaving the body.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the post, In love with the second sweater
    New post!
    Yoymiarmario.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like an amazing plan! Good luck dear!
    I love the clothes you chose!

    XO IMKE

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul! I want those sneakers! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Molly!
    Very nice post and your blog is very intersting!
    I incite you to visit mine and will be happy if we follow each other?
    Have a nice day

    http://www.alisagromova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great blog!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete