Tuesday, May 12, 2015

French & Greek


As I click away to write this post I obviously occasionally glance down to see the keys, but as my eye line falls to do so, I can't help but admire this nail design in the process. The white French tips with a gold accent line make for a feminine and bright nail design. It is a delicate Grecian twist on a classic. Not only does it look pretty and effortless, but it is quite easy to do. All that's needed is a white and shimmery gold thin tip polish, and a top coat. The white polish and top coat is applied like it would be for the classic French manicure. The only difference with that and this is dragging a line of colorful, metallic, or any other contrasting polish at the base of the white before applying the top coat.

This design is great for spring because of its light, fresh, and minimalistic look. It is a simple alternative to solid colored nails or a plain French manicure, and it only takes an extra five minutes longer to do. An elegant nail design with an accent is ideal for a formal event, but also looks marvelous with everyday wear. I did my nails like this for an event I had to attend last week and I was so pleased with how they turned out. Even several days past it, I'm still loving them. No doubt I'll do my nails like this every now and again throughout the rest of spring and summer. Who knows, it might become my go-to design for the next few months!

Would you do your nails like this? What's your favorite nail design for the warmer months?

~Moll

15 comments:

  1. looks great. xx

    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouu I'd never seen this before!!! :o

    Looks soo pretty! Gotta try it! :) for summer, I usually wear brighter colours (blues,pinks etc)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you try it, let me know! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so pretty! You did a great job. Are those your real nails?! I wish my nails would grow that long!!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gold strip under the french tip! These are lovely nails :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool:) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of your nails, they are so long! This is a really pretty, elegant look :)

    www.leviniasbeautyblog.co.uk Xx

    ReplyDelete