It's the first day of Blogmas!!! To kickoff this crazy and exciting month of blogging, I thought I'd share one of my favorite treats to make around the holidays with you. After all, treats are vital during this time of year. These delights are so simple to make. With their richness and sweetness, once out for everyone to enjoy, they'll be gone in less time than it took for you to make them!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Roll the cookie dough into 3/4-1 inch in diameter balls.
3. Let harden in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. For the coating, melt a bowl of chocolate chips in the microwave. I recommend doing so in increments of 1 minute at a time, then stirring the chocolate to prevent burning.
5. Place a cookie dough ball on a spoon or fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Coat the ball completely, remove from the bowl, and place on wax paper.
7. Let cool and harden in the refrigerator for 1+ hours.