The Ultimate New Year's Resolution


Over the years I’ve made my fair share of New Year's resolutions. Growing up that’s just something we’d do in school upon this time of year. Everyone clung to the glimmering hope of this new beginning as if it were a life changing opportunity. However, I never understood this. The whole adage “A new year, a new me” was never something I could get behind and rely on.

Don’t get me wrong, if the time ticking from 11:59 pm to 12:00 am is the motivation you need in order to make positive alterations in your life, by all means, embrace that. Who am I to judge? Just don’t forget the simple transformation of a date doesn’t have to dictate the direction of your life. That’s why for the past 5 years or so I’ve only ever stuck to one resolution; one that I consider to be the ultimate for yielding happiness and positivity throughout the year.

I promise to have the strength and courage to continuously better myself. 

Within this vague enough promise is a great deal of wiggle room to apply this to any aspect of life and thus leading to successfully keeping a resolution. It is one that (I hope) we all do to some capacity naturally, as it is one of the easiest to stick to, though we could all use the reminder every now and again. Just know that you have the power and control to affect your own life at anytime. Never forget that, lovely.

Will you join me in keeping this promise? Do you have any other resolutions?

~Moll

11 comments

  1. Great post Molly and true words,one of my resolution is to grow my blog and make new friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture!!
    Kisses
    elisaumarapariganormal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, love the quote. Very inspiring. :)

    Sally x
    http://asprinkleofsally.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got my attention with the title of your post and had my nodding my head by the end of reading the post. That is one epic resolution and definitely something I like to keep in the back of my mind. Hopefully we get to see some of that courage and growth on the blog! (-:

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet | Simply M

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is indeed the best resolution! We are all striving to better ourselves with each passing day, aren't we?

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, the very best. I always strive to have the generic resolutions but this year it's just to find happiness. In myself, my work, everything. I want to end 2016 proud of myself more than anything.

    Happy New Year Mol, all the best. ox

    http://whatchelseysays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with this, it is the best resolution by far, just the inspiration to always continue and grow! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Sums up pretty nicely all of my resolutions too! :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful post dear :*
    Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete