For me summer is the best time to enjoy sweet treats and adorn everything with pretty pastel colors. Incorporating these two very important things I have a super simple recipe I’d like to share. It takes but a mere half hour to bake and decorate these delicious beauties. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add dry, then wet ingredients into a bowl and mix and knead together until a dough-like consistency.
3. With a layer of flour covering a surface (counter, cutting board), roll out the dough to 1/3 inch thick.
4. Cut the dough into circles. For step 3 and 4 I simply use a floured plastic cup to achieve these steps.
5. Place cut-outs on an ungreased cookie sheet an inch and a half apart. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
1. Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together with a spoon until icing consistency is achieved.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
1. Add all of the ingredients into a small bowl with 1-2 drops of your choice of food coloring.
2. Whisk together with a fork until icing consistency is achieved.
3. Repeat for each color you’d like to use.
1. Coat the cookies with a generous layer of the white icing.
2. With one color and the fork, dot the cookies with the colored icing a few times. Swirl and drag the coloring with the fork to achieve a marbled look. (Keep the amount of colored icing used minimal to get the most authentic looking grains of stone marble).
Hope you enjoy!